Investment Help

If you are seeking investment help, look at the video here on my services. If you are seeking a different approach to managing your assets, you have landed at the right spot. I am a fee-only advisor registered in the State of Maryland, charge less than half the going rate for investment management, and seek to teach individuals how to manage their own assets using low-cost indexed exchange traded funds. Please call or email me if interested in further details. My website is at http://www.rwinvestmentstrategies.com. If you are new to investing, take a look at the "DIY Investor Newbie" posts here by typing "newbie" in the search box above to the left. These take you through the basics of what you need to know in getting started on doing your own investing.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Seminar Evening

Source: Capital Pixel
Tonight at 7 pm I give a seminar at the Miller Branch of the Howard County Maryland Library System on the 401(k) and the overall investing of assets.  I'll cover the 401(k) in the context of overall assets, the importance of overall asset allocation, and what I look for when I pick out the funds to invest in.  I'll go over  the location of investments, the importance of fees, how to tell if one's 401(k) is a good one, and what to do--including proactively approaching the fund administrator and seeking to get good funds in the plan, if it isn't.

This isn't a dinner at a fancy restaurant.  I'm not going to feed the audience and make them feel obligated that they owe me something.  I won't come at the audience like a laser intent on signing up clients.  It is educational. 

Those who feel intimidated can sit in the back and soak up information.  I understand how they feel.  I feel the same way when I meet a funeral director.

Having said all this, I have found that those who attend these seminars tend to be knowledgeable. Clearly, by signing up and attending, they are interested in furthering their financial knowledge.  Most have already read up on the subject or questioned others.  In fact, those who could benefit the most are puttering around  the library outside the library room.  It is they who will, one day in their mid-50s, wonder if they are on the right path financially to be able to retire.

This, of course, is the pool where financial advisors draw most of their clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment