Investment Help

If you are seeking investment help, look at the video here on my services. If you are seeking a different approach to managing your assets, you have landed at the right spot. I am a fee-only advisor registered in the State of Maryland, charge less than half the going rate for investment management, and seek to teach individuals how to manage their own assets using low-cost indexed exchange traded funds. Please call or email me if interested in further details. My website is at http://www.rwinvestmentstrategies.com. If you are new to investing, take a look at the "DIY Investor Newbie" posts here by typing "newbie" in the search box above to the left. These take you through the basics of what you need to know in getting started on doing your own investing.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

High Dividend and Momentum by Kapitall

The sector du jour is high dividend stocks.  As MoneyCone showed yesterday, a portfolio of high dividend stocks did well over the "lost decade."

Now here's a piece that looks at high dividend stocks and adds in momentum by using moving averages.  Let me say at the outset that I'm not a fan of technical analysis.  For that matter, I'm not a big proponent of high dividend stocks, except as part of my overall portfolio.  I hold high dividend stocks as part of my total market exchange traded fund. When I see research showing that high dividend stocks outperform over longer periods, I'll overweight them.  Until then, I'll hold them as part of my total market holding and give an overweight to small cap stocks.

In any event, I thought "20 Rallying High Yield Stocks With Excellent Dividend Coverage" would interest some of you both for the analysis presented as well as the resource used,  the interactive graphic by Kapitall.

Notice the information available for the list of stocks:

Source: Kapitall
This resource lists up to 20 stocks and shows the industry and a 12-month graph of each holding under "Stock Information."  Each of the items in the list are worth looking at. Clicking "Management," for example, shows you the company CEO, his or her salary, and total compensation. Clicking "Opinions" gives you a price target and even a "green" rating!

What I especially like is the diversification information as shown below.



Source: Kapitall
A second drop-down list allows the user to list the holdings by sector which is also useful for diversification purposes.

Overall, I think this resource is worth taking a look at for many do-it-yourself investors.

Disclosure:  This post is for educational purposes.  No stocks are recommended.  Individuals should do their own research or consult a professional prior to investing

I am not affiliated with Kapitall.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of MorningStar for sector breakdown, but this looks even better!

    Thanks for the link - I haven't seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: MoneyCone I think it is brand new. Let me know what you think if you put the stocks from your last post into it.
    I'm going to check out their performance capabilities. People are always asking me about measuring performance.

    ReplyDelete