Investment Help

If you are seeking investment help, look at the video here on my services. If you are seeking a different approach to managing your assets, you have landed at the right spot. I am a fee-only advisor registered in the State of Maryland, charge less than half the going rate for investment management, and seek to teach individuals how to manage their own assets using low-cost indexed exchange traded funds. Please call or email me if interested in further details. My website is at http://www.rwinvestmentstrategies.com. If you are new to investing, take a look at the "DIY Investor Newbie" posts here by typing "newbie" in the search box above to the left. These take you through the basics of what you need to know in getting started on doing your own investing.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Would You Give Up the Internet for $1 Million?

It's human nature to take for granted those things that are around every day. One such thing is the economy. The fact of the matter is that most of us are wealthy and, from the perspective of history, are much better off than most of the people who have ever lived. We live in an economic system that has the best and the brightest working their butts off trying to figure out what we want. They are working to produce the clothes, the automobiles, the vacations, the entertainment and, yes, the electronic devices we want. And all of this is typically taken for granted.

Many of the things we value in life we get --much more cheaply than their worth to us. This is the subject for this YouTube clip presented at The Biz of Life. Notice in the clip the role of the wealthy in buying many new products at higher prices, which enables producers to figure out how to make the products better and less expensive.

What would it take for you to give up the Internet?

4 comments:

  1. Not a chance. I could give up any other technology, but not the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This generation was promised robotic servants, flying cars, jetpacks and affordable space travel. I'm still waiting!

    Let me have my internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wouldn't do it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting question.

    From my perspective, I spend about 80% of my online time managing investments, coming financial statements, blogging and basically trying to figure out a way to live off my modest portfolio one day. So...if I had a million dollars, I would probably be able to give up the internet, seeing as how I would be able to live off that amount of money indefinitely with my frugal ways.

    ReplyDelete